Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeypots and cluster computing

From: "Andrew R. Lamb" <arl7969 () it rit edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:30:51 -0500

Mr. Brown,

The Distributed Honeypot Project (www.lucidic.net) has been toying with the ideas of virtual honeypot networks and
other distributed computing technologies related to parallel, cluster, and other multi-processor/resource related
honeypotting. I welcome
you to review our project and perhaps drop me a personal email about your interests.

DeVaris P Brown <dpbrown () uiuc edu> writes:
Hi all. My name is DeVaris and I'm a student at the University of Illinois. I've been doing some basic honeypot
research and someone asked me yesterday if honeypots could be applied to cluster computing without significantly
slowing down processing
speed? Has anyone done any investigation into this topic? If so I would love to collaborate on an upcoming project.
Thank you in advance

DeVaris P. Brown
106 South Gregory Apt #30
Urbana, IL 61801