Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: [inbox] undetectable NIC in promiscuous mode

From: "Ian Baker" <ibaker () codecutters org>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:22:47 -0000

Roger,
    I presume that there's some kind of "obvious" reason why you can't just
plug-in a no-name, el cheapo, hub?

That's basically the setup here:
http://www.codecutters.org/gallery/photo.html?image=Lab%2C%20circa%202003.jpg
although it's a branded hub (that was quite expensive at the time!) that
became surplus when I went to a switched network.

(Please note that, in the photograph, there're only the Cable Modem and
Router cables attached; the Ethereal box was acting as a load box for some
performance testing work I was doing..)

Been working perfectly for the last few years..

Regards,

Ian