Honeypots mailing list archives

Error in Honeyd 0.8b (configuration is supplied)

From: "Malek Sraj" <malek_a_sraj () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 00:20:55 +0300

Hi,

We are working on the dynamic honeypot project and we are about to have something finished, but... We have been experiencing an error whenever we try to bind an IP to a template that has a MAC address set to it, the error is /##Template "template" is configured with an ethernet address but there is no interface that can reach 192.168.196.5##/
or any other IP.
The configuration was:

create template
set template personality "Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1"
set template default tcp action reset
set template default udp action reset
add template tcp port 80 open
add template tcp port 23 open
set template ethernet "00:04:23:13:2d:12"
bind 192.168.196.5 template

Also if possible I need help with the SEBEK. When I am launching the server with any mode (log to db or keystroke log). The error is either can not call function prepare in (sbk_upload.pl) or an out of memory in case of sbk_ks_log.pl