Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeywall cdrom restart problem

From: Barrett Weisshaar <bweissha () andrew cmu edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:30:29 -0500

I find this once in a while, but only when I use "reboot" from the menu. If I shutdown -r, it seems to work. However, with the remote interface it doesn't seem to find the main menu when I type "menu" (well, under the regular user it does, but not when I su to root, and as a regular user it claims I haven't setup anything).

So in short, restarting via the shell seems to work best. Doing so through the menu seems to hang up while trying to kill snort, since all I see is the log parsing directly to console (instead of rebooting). Hopefully someone else has a better insight on this :)

David Jiménez Domínguez wrote:

I have the same problem!!