Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeywall and VMWare

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 13:40:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Bruce E. Harris wrote:

I trying to get eeyore-0.69 to run as a VM machine without any luck.
I a laptop with a 2GB Pentium 4 processor and 1GB of RAM with SuSE 9.2 Linux
as the host OS and VMware 5.0 for Linux.

I followed the instruction on the Pakistan honeynet page
(http://www.honeynet.org.pk/honeywall/) and all the refs listed there. After
the final reboot, the vm machine just hangs with only a curor flashing on the
screen. I have tried to reinstall eeyore four times now and nothing has
improved.

This should work fine for you.  However, my suggestion is not spend too
many cyles on this.  The Honeynet Project will be releasing the new CDROM
"Roo" mid-March.  This new release has vastly superior hardware support
(Fedora Core 3), advanced new user interfaces, and various other goodies
to make your life easier.  If you can wait two weeks, I suggest you do :)

lance