Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Storing ALL Data from honeywall CDROM Roo version

From: "Jeff Dell" <jdell () activeworx com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:04:29 -0500

When trying to see the logs in the HSC I get an

"Error connecting to the Database. Table 'aw_hsc.asc_collector' doesn't
exist." I'm not sure, but I think this is something related to the ASC
program. But I'm using HSC, so I don't know what's the meaning of this
error.

 Yes, you are correct. You are getting this problem because of a function
that wasn't removed when we compiled HSC. This has been fixed in the latest
build that can be downloaded from www.activeworx.org. In the future please
report any issues to hsc () activeworx org.

I can import data from snort, too, but I get this in the HSC:

"Error Connecting to the Database. You have an error in your SQL syntax near
'(signature.sig_priority AS CHAR)AS 'Priority', sig_name AS 'Event Name',
CAST (i' at line 1"

Thanks to all for the precious help. I'll try to make a good documentation
of what I'm doing to contribute to help the newbies like me.

Note: Both errors occur only when I click on the "Event Overview" section.

I wonder if it's because I'm using MySQL v3.23.58, wich I need for
compatibility with the linux client at the roo honeywall.

Yes, HSC uses MySQL functions that are in MySQL 4.0+. I am still not sure
why this isn't updated in roo. It's probably a license issue with MySQL.