Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: MODERATOR: .html posts : Part II

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:44:01 -0600

Okay folks, this is the point in time where your moderator sticks his foot in his mouth. I have traditionally held a preference for text only maillists, but was wondering why our list seemed unique in getting large numbers submissions in .html formats. When our maillist was first setup, it was configured to allow .html posts, which I was manually blocking. Its standard now for most/all securityfocus.com maillists to automatically filter out .html, allowing only .txt.

As such, and after receiving numerous emails from people concerned about the change, I'll be moving the maillist back to our original standard of text only posts. The maillist filter has been updated to allow text only postings. Once again, please send all flames, issues, concerns to me directly.

Thanks!

lance