Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Looking for Honeypots???

From: "David Jiménez Domínguez" <djdsecurity () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:55:57 -0500

One example is the submit-norman module in nepenthes... when the
malware has anti-vmware techniques ( for example by looking for the
vmware tools registry key o a mac address) the report sended by norman
is useless...

In the near future could some one make a code to first inspect the
characteristics of the "sandhost" where the malware is run, and make
some DNS queries to a domain name where this information is
shown???...for example:

mac00-00-00-71-B4-AA.com
so.win2k.net
vmware.present.net
ip.192.168.1.2.com

this information is going to be sended to the bad guy by email and he
could map the all the information he needed

Do you know if It is posible?