Honeypots mailing list archives

Walleye not displaying Sebek3 data

From: Cindy Jenkins <cj () u washington edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:40:37 -0700

Well, since I posted this question, I still have had no luck on solving this issue. Does anyone have Sebek3 under Walleye functioning correctly?

I have discovered how to manually wipe the walleye database to clear the sensor data, and can manually extract the data from walleye_0_3/ sys_read/data element. But this is highly time consuming and not the best method to fish out the sebek data when I need to do forensics on a host.

I can use the sebek viewer and logger perl scripts to see the data live on the screen, as well as use tcpdump to see it, both tools show the sebek keystrokes with no issue. I can then go to the walleye_0_3 mysql db and pull the data out to a file and see it there as well. So I know the clients are communicating and sebek is storing the data in the db. But walleye will not show the sebek data at all. It shows on the main screens that clients are "sebekd". But when I go into the process list it shows the top level PID and command name, like cmd.exe, but does not show any read details, such as what was typed in the cmd window.

I am ready to throw the towel in on the web interface and cobble up something using perl and mysql to manually extract the data. Which seems a horrible waste of time and effort since I had thought walleye was supposed to do this? So before I go tho the effort to code a solution, anybody have suggestions on why walleye does not display the data?

--CJ