Honeypots mailing list archives

Release of Capture BAT 2.0

From: Christian.Seifert () gmail com
Date: 3 Sep 2007 00:56:57 -0000

The New Zealand Honeynet Project and Victoria University of Wellington are excited to announce the release of a new
version of our behavioral analysis tool Capture BAT: version 2.0. There are many new exciting features in this release:
* added installer/uninstaller
* added ability to capture network traffic
* added capability to detect file deletions
* added capability to detect modification to NTFS meta data files
* added functionality to “backup” deleted files before they are being deleted
* added functionality to pool modified files into one directory (only applies to files that are not excluded via the
exclusion list)
* improved error reporting on erroneous exclusion lists
* numerous bug fixes (565, 567, 568, 569, 571, 578, 582, 586, 590)
This new version of Capture BAT 2.0 and its source code is freely available from our web site at
http://www.nz-honeynet.org/cbatreleases.html. It is distributed under the GNU General Public License v2.
Christian