Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: regarding malicious domains becoming inactive

From: yelukati mahendra <mahendra_yn () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:46:58 +0530 (IST)

These websites operate as one night shops,they have a range of domain names and IP's,they use the domain names or IP's
randomly - I mean per activity basis,like for one kind of malware they use a particular name or a particular IP and
when this activity gets traced,that particular domain name / IP is blocked or blacklisted,but they continue their
activity using the other names/IP's to pump in other malware.

So in my perspective it is quite hard to tell when these particular websites or on and when they are off.Until and
unless somebody blacklists or blocks the entire range given to these kind of people.