Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: CGI scans from Strauss.udel.edu -- They're back

From: seitz () CARTMAN EE UDEL EDU (Bryan Seitz)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:57:43 -0400

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Ryan Russell wrote:
http://www.udel.edu/ecce/text.html#Malicious Misuse: Hacking

Can you tell the list if you're investigating these reports to try to
determine which students or accounts seem to be doing the probing?  There
are lots of folks on the list that could help investigate (and I mean that
non-sarcastically.)

The people responsible for strauss are looking into the matter.  At this
time their solution appears to be a system-wide password change
requirement.  While this is a step in the right direction, it will not
solve the problem at hand.  I will pass along more information as I hear
it.

Bryan G. Seitz
EECIS Labstaff
UofD LUG Admin