Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Spammers just got smarter.

From: Justin Lintz <jlintz () OPTONLINE NET>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 12:57:22 -0400

Spamming through wingates is nothing new,  It's been going on ever since
people found the vulnerabilities in Wingates.  The idea of scanning for
proxies before accepting mail could lead to problems for people who have no
choice but to use a proxy to send mail.  I think instead people who are
using wingate as their proxy should configure it correctly and that would
prevent people spamming through them.