Security Incidents mailing list archives

possible new tool: std.pl, the rpc.statd linux mass rooter (fwd)

From: marc <marc () ZOUNDS NET>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:50:09 -0600

Recently a server of ours was compromised.  On it we found a script and
some programs that were scanning other machines for statd, and then
automatically rooting the ones it found.

I've done some searches, but found no reference to this.  If it is new, I
will post more details.  Does anyone recognize this?

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# std.pl v0.2+p3 by KraZee -  10.30.00 private
# rpc.statd linux mass rooter         [epic]
#
# binds rootshell on port 24765 on exploited hosts
# standard disclaimers apply
#
# DO NOT DISTRIBUTE !! DO NOT DISTRIBUTE

I've sent similar msgs to sans and cert, but was unsure where else to
share this.

marc

marc () zounds net