Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: First china, now russia?

From: dimitry () KIEV SOVAM COM (Dmitry Alyabyev)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:18:40 +0200

hi

Sunday, January 30, 2000, 10:13:32 PM, Joseph Geyer wrote:

I understand what some of these ports could have listening on them, but I haven't seen anything that would run on
ports 515,118,224, or 109.  Anyone have a clue what this idiot could be looking
for?  I know port 109 is POP2, but who still uses pop2??  I also know that 515 is commonly used for the printer and I
could see a potential for a problem there.  But 118 and 224 still have me
baffled.

sqlserv         118/tcp    #SQL Services
sqlserv         118/udp    #SQL Services

ivsd            2241/tcp   #IVS Daemon
ivsd            2241/udp   #IVS Daemon

First one is clear. But I have no information about ivsd.

--
Best rgds,                      Dimitry