Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Recent DDoS

From: dittrich () CAC WASHINGTON EDU (Dave Dittrich)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:35:48 -0800

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 henry.escobar () MINDSPRING COM wrote:

Does anyone have any good ideas to protect against a DDOS? For a small
network and a large network???

There are a number of ideas floating around.  I've tried to consolidate
the ones I've seen on a web page:

        http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/misc/ddos/

Let me know if any of you find other resources that you think should be
included.

--
Dave Dittrich                 Client Services
dittrich () cac washington edu   Computing & Communications

Dave Dittrich / dittrich () cac washington edu [PGP Key]</a>

PGP 6.5.1 key fingerprint:
FE 97 0C 57 08 43 F3 EB  49 A1 0C D0 8E 0C D0 BE  C8 38 CC B5