Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: scan log and subsequent response from the host's ISP

From: lurker () ITIS COM (M J)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:41:15 -0000

There was a discussion about "blacklisting" back in mid May
if I remember correctly.  (I would recommend anyone
interested in this should take a look at the archives -
there were a lot of posts on this topic)  Be careful -
sounds like we are dancing on the edge of that thread
again.  I think this is a good topic that many people have
strong opinions about (BTW I agree with you Keith =), I
just don't want it to digress like the IP Blacklisting
thread did.  My two coppers...

-Matthew

There is an organization started not too long ago called
RISP (Respnosible
Internet Service Providers). Maybe we should start getting
them to list
"rogue" ISP/providers. As of right now they act as a source
of contact
information to security professional with certain ISP's.

Just a thought =) It would be nice to have a central
repository for
blacklisted ISP's.

Keith