Security Incidents mailing list archives

Romeo&Juliet (fwd)

From: "Michał 'CeFeK' Nazarewicz" <Michal.Nazarewicz () SayDK Co UK>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:57:56 +0100

Hi List,
        I've just received strange e-mail from the person living in my
country, but one i've never written to. It looks very, very suspicious:
message body looks corrupted (pine says it's encoded in qp, but contains
non-hexadecimal characters). There are two attachments: one is of
APPLICATION/X-MSWORD type, but it's extension is .EXE. The second one is
of .CHM extension, I haven't looked at it yet.
        The subject of this e-mail os Romeo&Juliet... so this looks like
just one another funny e-mail from someone you should know.
        If anyone is interested, I can email him these attachments. I'm
very curious, what's this.

Regards,
--
Michal 'CeFeK' Nazarewicz   / CAOL, DK GROUP SYSADMIN ^ NETADMIN         B
ICQ 47171266 / +48 (601) CEFEK 0 / http://www.dkgroup.pl/index.html      O