Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: AOL vs. Koreans

From: Paul Taylor <ptaylor () MARTNET COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:52:33 +0000

Even this is not all that great. Our network gets scanned, SYN flodded,
poked at wit4h CyberCop & the like, and almost every time I call, I get an
idiot on the phone to whom I have to explain exactly *how* a scanner, port
probe or a SYN flood works. After the 15th time explaining what a three
way handshake is, I get a little upset. We aren't talking tech support
here, I'm talking about admins, network guys and the like. It's sad.

Paul