Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Attacks against SSH?

From: "Armando B. Ortiz" <aortiz () onlinetraffic com>
Date: 03 Dec 2001 11:20:56 -0800

Per se, I have not seen anyone attacking my systems in general via SSH,
but I only allow limited access to my servers via any type of remote
login facility.

Firewalling your SSH and only allowing connections into it that you want
might help to curb some of the attacks people are seeing.  It's not very
difficult to do...just takes a little time.