Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Voluminous SSHd scanning; possible worm activity ?

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 01:03:44 +0000

I am not aware of what exactly the AV software uses as its bleh signature,
but I have personally seen recovered copies of the x2 exploit infected with
linux virii in the wild.  Do not discount this as an option, imho.

--dr
CanSecWest/core02 - May 1-3 2002 - Vancouver B.C. - http://cansecwest.com

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:37:44 -0800 (PST)