Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Code Red -- AGAIN?!?

From: Eric Hall <incidents.securityfocus () darkart com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:34:46 -0800

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:10:36PM -0600, Emre Yildirim wrote:
Chip McClure wrote:

I haven't had a CR scan in a few days. On both my home subnet of
24.219.x.x and a few of the class C address ranges I admin (216.52.x.x). I
still see the occasional Nimda, though.

I've been getting alot of both lately.  Is there a new worm out or
something?  This just happened very recently.

        Its the 1st of the month again, at least in Asia
right now (~21:30 GMT as I write this).  By tommorrow
morning it should be going full-bore again.

                        -eric