Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DNS server crashed

From: "Greg A. Woods" <woods () weird com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:30:45 -0500

[ On Tuesday, February 6, 2001 at 21:39:57 (-0600), Phil Brutsche wrote: ]
Subject: Re: DNS server crashed

It should be noted that this crash is unreproducible by others - I tried
it on three different computers, running two different operating systems
(Linux & FreeBSD) with no crashes.

My report only confirmed reproducibility of the bug first reported on
another list.

Others have reported in this forum that it is indeed reproducible on
other platforms than the one I run.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to reproduce it under the eyes of a
debugger, and I probably won't any time soon.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods () acm org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods () planix com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods () weird com>