Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: more info on ramen.tgz

From: outcast <outcast () OUTCAST WS>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:48:51 -0500

that is realy odd 212.184.80.190 goes to microsoft's germany website.

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Jeffrey F. Lawhorn wrote:

One more thing I've noticed about the synscan in the ramen.tgz, it sends a TCP
packet to 212.184.80.190 port 80 from port 31337 after it finishes scanning
each /16.

Unfortunately I was unable to capture any of the actual packets.  Did anyone
else manage to capture one of these packets?

jeffl

--
Jeffrey F. Lawhorn                       |Internet Security Consulting
Software Design Associates, Inc.         |IDS Monitoring/Reporting

Insist on Quality! WANet.Net is an ISP/C Member - http://www.ispc.org/