Security Incidents mailing list archives

BIND-8.2.2p5 exploited?

From: dev-null () NO-ID COM
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 07:41:15 -0000

hello i manage nameserver running BIND-8.2.2p5 and notice it die recently... i go examine server to see the problem and
i move to named directory and notice directory name ron1n in there immediately i call friend and we close down to
server to examine more..... he tell me above version not vulnerable to nxt bug and cannot understand why named die and
why that directory exist in named root..... was my nameserver hacked?? i thought named running with chroot method stop
hacker from breaking my daemons??? we look at isc.org and no report of above version being vulnerable... what could
problem be?

huong

--