Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DNS Bind

From: "Somaini, Justin" <Justin.Somaini () SCHWAB COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:57:59 -0700

Not that I'm aware of.  DNS is not really my strongest suite so I have to
rely upon our DNS guys.
I believe that there needs to be an upgrade to fix the problem.

If anyone disagrees please correct me.

One thing to do is to change the version posting in the named.conf file.
The scanner looking for sub 9.1 could be tricked.  Actual attack failing of
course.