Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: yes, its t0rn again

From: Michael Damm <miked () ACCESSNW NET>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 21:36:03 -0800

Just curious if anyone has turned up any more bits of the new t0rn kit and
reported them to you...  I am very interested in its ability to avoid md5
checksums.

Im guessing it simply trojans your local copy of md5sum, given its
installed in the default location.  I knew there was a good reason I built
my copy of md5sum from source and stuck it in /usr/local/bin/sec-tools/  =)

Anyway, if you have any more info, I would love to dig into it.

        -Thanks,
          Michael Damm
          Network Operations and
          IT Security Department