Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Finding out who owns particular IP addresses

From: Grant Parkinson <grantp () THEMOMENT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:34:11 -0800

Have you examined the attachment type?  It would be easy enough to deliver
the message
w/attachment directly to your MTA while entering invalid headers.  Might
make for a decent worm.

Your headers should still show the source host as this is not generally an
option specified by the client.

Take a look at your attachment, lets see if it contains a trojan/backdoor
app.

-Grant