Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: iis scanning

From: Patrick Oonk <patrick () pine nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:03:51 +0200

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 03:09:27PM -0400, Jordan K Wiens wrote:
Anyone seen an iis scan that attempts to access boo.bat among other
requests along with directory traversal attempts?  I found the source of
the script on the web but no mention is made of what boo.bat is included
for.  Anyone know what this is?

http://www.securityfocus.com/tools/2060

Arirang (http://www.monkey.org/~pilot/arirang/) does a pretty good
job in identifying potentiel IIS installtion risks.

--
 Patrick Oonk - PO1-6BONE - E: patrick () pine nl - www.pine.nl/~patrick
 Pine Internet  -  PAT31337-RIPE  -   Hushmail: p.oonk () my security nl

and tracking system please see:

http://aris.securityfocus.com