Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: "Code Red" worm questions

From: "Marc Maiffret" <marc () eeye com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:46:53 -0700

It has a jump location that works on all win2k sp versions (have only tested
English, but from other research we think the worm only tries to attack
English anyways). NT4 it just looks to crash it but we are not done with
testing yet.

It works very well and uses a lot of the new overflow techniques which allow
it to execute code more often then crashing IIS web servers.

Signed,
Marc Maiffret
Chief Hacking Officer
eEye Digital Security