Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: iPlanet Server vulnerable to HTTP TCP HEAD Attack

From: "Jeff" <spam-fighter () bigfoot com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:18:12 -0400

Luis,

Your server appears to be able to proxy anonymously when prompted with HTTP
HEAD because it is running "Proxy-agent: iPlanet-Web-Proxy-Server/3.6"
without enough access restrictions.  Check the access restriction capability
of that server against its administration manuals, specifically the
"Restricting Access" section of Chapter 5 starting at
http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/proxy/36/adminux/access.htm#1014180 for
Unix or
http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/proxy/36/adminnt/access.htm#15490 for
NT.