Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: HTTP CONNECT attempts

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () coredump cx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:21:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Dmitri Smirnov wrote:

need an advice. I've got more them 20 "HTTP CONNECT" IDS alerts (BugTraq
id 4131)  from 3 diff. sources for today and yesterday. Looks like some
tool is out and people started to use it. The only problem is: I don't
understand why people are trying to use port 80 to connect to port 443
(which is usually open to a world in my case).

Spammers or irc kiddies looking for proxies, perhaps?

--
Michal Zalewski [lcamtuf () bos bindview com] [security]
[http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx] <=-=> bash$ :(){ :|:&};: