Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Scanning Port UDP 4668

From: GabyHornik () lotus iot dtag de
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:11:20 +0200

Hello!

One of the groups that I support has been seeing a lot of scanning for
UDP
port 4668.  Before you ask, they did not quantify "a lot".  One of the
questions that they have is what are the scanners looking for that is
running on that port.

I would add it to the ports eDonkey uses. Normally eDonkey listens to 4661
(server) and 4665 (client), but I saw some servers in the eDoney server
list
listet with 4668.

Bye, Gaby
--
Aus "Andromeda": "One head cannot contain all wisdom"
"The Olduvai Cycle" Systems University Archives