Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Can anyone identify this backdoor?

From: shawn merdinger <shawnmer () io com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:06:51 -0500 (CDT)

Running strings on the file shows some interesting stuff.
:
1.  Executables:

recycler\iissrvs.exe
recycler\nc.exe
info.exe
recycler\CMD.EXE
recycler\hk.exe
recycler\JAsfv.exe
recycler\tlist.exe

2.  Files:

recycler\Localstart.cnf
recycler\iisl.dll
recycler\JAsfv.ini
recycler\JAsfv.dll

3.  Commands?:

recycler\iis.dll- [ Espace Libre: %Dfree Mo ] - [ BP: %ServerKBps Kb/sec ]

Also, how were you able to conduct analysis on this executable?  What
tools did you use?  Do you have any resource suggestions for learning how
to do this type of analysis?

Thanks,

-scm

MA:Matt Andreko