Security Incidents mailing list archives

A new hack tool - tcp port 3139 ?

From: <METE.EMINAGAOGLU () DIGITALPLATFORM com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:24:32 +0200

Hi to all,

Beginning from 6th of March until today, I' ve been continously observing a very strange and presumably dangerous probe
(possibly caused by a new trojan or trojan-like tool) in my Firewall logs.

The source IP is different real-world IP' s, the destination IP is always my FW' s outer interface IP, and the service
port is tcp 3139.

However, it' s s.thing like a "masked" action. Because, when I analyse the logs in detail, Xlate Dest IP' s are any of
our DMZ IP' s (random), and the Xlate Destin Port is,

tcp 80 - http !!!

Has anyone faced this similar oddity? I' ve searched all the sec. sites, news, but nope!!!

Thanks in advance...