Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Arhas?

From: "K M" <kmoon01 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:16:36 -0500

Several people have reminded me that the string /a-r-h-a-s is used to restrict the dir command to files with the r,h,a and s attributes not set. Admittedly I failed to recognize that earlier (and I appreciate everybody pointing it out), but the main point of my post was that I'm curious whether anybody can identify the tool or worm that generated this scan (the 31 requests I posted were logged over a period of ~30 seconds.)

Thx,

For more information on this free incident handling, management and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com