Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: wu-ftpd attack ???

From: "Aaron Lewis" <jim () jsw4 net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:18:40 -0500

Ok. In efforts to find out what went on here, I have taken down some of the
security features recently implemented and restarted tcpdump with
tcpdump -nvv -s 1500 -w 'port 20 or 21' > /var/log/ftpdump &

I have copied this to the people who have asked for more information. I'd
rather deal with a few individuals directly than splatter this all over the
list. As soon as I have another incident I will post the dump results

Thanks