Security Incidents mailing list archives

Bad protocol version identification '^V^C^A'

From: Randy Millis <rmillisl () enel ucalgary ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:42:25 -0700 (MST)

Had the following entries in brought to my attention by LogWatch this
morning.

Can anyone guide me to what they might be and if I need to be concerned
about them?

Thanks.

**Unmatched Entries**
Bad protocol version identification '^V^C^A' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Bad protocol version identification '^V^C' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Bad protocol version identification '`' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Bad protocol version identification '`/bin/id` #' from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Bad protocol version identification '`/usr/bin/id` #' from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx