Security Incidents mailing list archives

Connection Attempts - Port 8047

From: "Brian Morkert" <bmorkert () charter net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:08:22 -0700

I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I’ve noticed a
large number (100s) of connection attempts to port 8047 have been logged
on my router from no specific source.  I wasn’t able to find anything
definitively associated with this port.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Does anyone know what it is?

I haven’t captured any of the traffic as of yet, just the syslog
entries.  The connections attempts are dropped at the router.  This is a
home network on a cable connection.  I ran netstat –an and there is
nothing listening on that port.

Thanks for your help.

Brian Morkert
Trust Consulting & Compliance
"Information Security and Privacy Consultants"