Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Traffic on UDP 1815

From: "Sahr, Kenneth" <ksahr () fiwc navy mil>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:14:27 -0500

Actually, I was able to determine it's source late last night..It turns out that P2P software Kazaa was causing the
connections to come back, I can't imagine what it uses UDP 1815 for, however, as I blocked all incoming queries to that
port and was still able to search and download files..while doing so I saw many packets attempt to come in on the
suspect port, but all were dropped by my firewall.  Like I said, not sure why this traffic was occuring, but at least I
know what was causing it..  Thanks everyone for your answers.

KS