Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: MSDE contained in...

From: "Kurt" <kurtbuff () spro net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:41:41 -0800

Visio 2000, Enterprise version does indeed install MSDE.

That's because it has the network scanner thingy that will build network
maps for you automagically.

It's the only version that I am aware of that does this. I believe that
later Enterprise versions dropped this functionality, and lesser
versions (pro, technical, etc.) never had it.

hnet/prodtechnol/visio/Visio2002/maintain/vis_msde.asp