Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Firewall logging port 6346

From: Christopher Wagner <chrisw () pacaids com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:02:03 -0800

If you are using a dynamic ip then the obvious answer is the correct one.
Most likely the person on that IP before you was sitting on the Gnutella
network for some time.  I know of no specific malware that uses this port (I
don't know everything though!!!!)  I would be unconcerned.  It does not mean
the network is broken there in Italy, it just means that the client on that
end is attempting to resume a download they were transferring before from
that client (instead of searching again to find different sources).

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw () pacaids com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116