Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Abnormally high Sub-Seven attack rate increase

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 12:08:30 -0500

Eric Kimminau wrote:

Howdy all!

Is it just me or has the number of Sub-Seven probes grown
astronomically in the last 7 days? I am seeing on average 25-30
clients per day, each scanning 3 or 4 times each up from only 1 or 2
per day at most for the last several months.

We had nearly 100000 since New Year's Eve:

    deny tcp any any eq 27374 log (96669 matches)

Jeff