Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: California State Bill SB1386

From: "Steve Zenone" <zenone () cats ucsc edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:57:47 -0800

Hello,

I appreciate the various replies that I've received. However,
the fundamental question of what defines encryption, so far as
SB1386 is concerned, is still unanswered. I've looked through
other California State Bills and supporting documentation, all
to no avail.

Several "legal" folks have been asked about this. The answer
remains unclear. July 1st isn't too far off (when the State
Bill becomes operative).

Thanks,
Steve

Powerful Anti-Spam Management and More...
SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfihl1