Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: BIND Crash

From: "Mark Ng" <laptopalias1-mark () informationintelligence net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 01:47:34 +0100

I've since noted on investigation that the client was/is running a version
of BIND that is vulnerable to several exploits (8.3.3) - so this looks
perhaps like someone is using old exploits in a fairly widespread manner (I
think all of our reports are from England or West Europe so far ?).
Hopefully it's not a worm, I'd guess if that were the case, we would have
noticed it fairly heavily by now, as whatever it is has been going for at
least 24 hours.