Security Incidents mailing list archives

New Trojan

From: Jay Castaldo <fupayme2003 () hotmail com>
Date: 25 Oct 2003 08:18:01 -0000

I don't know if this is a new trojan or anything, but I have tried doing some research on the Internet and couldn't
find anything on it. Well it has two registry entries in my Run, and RunOnce.  Here is the name of both keys acbdhpd
and the values are pointing to a file1129 I can not seem to find rundll32 C:\WINNT\system32:acbdhpd.dll,Init 1.  I
tried killing my explorer.exe to see if that is reason I can't find it because I am most likely using a trojanized
explorer.exe, but I could only find a copy in my temp, I delete through DOS and delete the registry entries to no
success, the registry keys appear within 30 seconds and the file pops right back up.  Anybody seen this or can give me
some help to get this out without reloading? It has also opened up two TCP, 3799, and 41225 and two UDP ports, 1129,
1241.  Thanks

Network with over 10,000 of the brightest minds in information security
at the largest, most highly-anticipated industry event of the year.
Don't miss RSA Conference 2004! Choose from over 200 class sessions and
see demos from more than 250 industry vendors. If your job touches
security, you need to be here. Learn more or register at
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/RSA_incidents_031023
and use priority code SF4.