Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Bogus DNS traffic

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:02:26 -0700

  The malformation looks like a match.  Since I'd only seen one
random packet from each of a bunch of random source addresses,
I was assuming the source was probably spoofed; this sounds like
it might not be.
  (The MAC address that I reported as an internal server turns
out to be the nearest internal ROUTER.  So I don't know if the
origin is internal to our network after all.)

David Gillett