Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Odd typing in MSWord

From: "Federated Information Security" <FederatedInformationSecurity () federatedinv com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:19:34 -0500

Thanks to all who replied, I'm pretty sure it was the microphone, I'm in
the process of verifying.  As a side note, I've seen the press on MS
root kits, but are they all that common?  How often do you run across
them in a corporate environment, and how good are standard protections
(antivirus, firewall, non-admin) at preventing them?

Thanks again!
sid